Membership | Surplus Lines Association of Washington
  • Membership


    What does registration do?
    -It allows you to make filings in the State of Washington as a member of the Association.

    Can I register and not become a member?

    Can I make filings in Washington without becoming a member?

    What does membership in the Association obligate me to?
    -You must abide by the rules and bylaws of the Association.

    What do I need to become registered with the Association?
    We are no longer accepting mailed in Applications for Membership. Instead, please provide the following items to

    1. Completed Application Package
    2. Surplus Line Broker Affiliation with Brokerage
    3. Brokerage Home State License
    4. $100 Application Fee, which can be paid on SLIP once your login is establishedMembership dues are for the term September 1st to August 31st.
      If you join after March 1st of a calendar year dues for the upcoming term will not be charged.

    After we receive your complete application package, the Board review and vote on your membership during the next schedule Board of Directors Meeting.

    You will be assigned a broker number, SLIP access and sent the Surplus Line Association of Washington Manual, a SLIP Reference Guide and Washington Registry Stamp Wording.  These manual documents contain pertinent information about the Association, along with procedures for making filings.

    For further information, email: