SLIP Questions

1.     Is it required to electronically submit policy documentation online?
Electronically submitting policy documentation is the preferred method. This will expedite the submission and examination process, and will reduce postage costs. If you are unable to submit documents electronically, you will still have the option to submit paper copies of policy documentation. However, paper copies must still be accompanied by a system generated certification or endorsement report. 

2.     How do I create my SLIP user account?
SLIP user accounts are created and maintained by your brokerage’s SLIP administrator. SLIP brokerage administrators are created by the Surplus Line Association of Washington.

3.     Can I modify a Policy Number?
Yes, a policy number may be modified provided the policy in question has no other registered transactions. If you need to change the policy number on a policy that contains other registered transaction, then a new policy record should be created. 

4.     What is a registered transaction?
A policy transaction is registered if it has been reviewed by the Surplus Line Association of Washington, deemed to be properly reported, and accepted.

5.     What is included in Policy Fees?
Policy fees include all taxable fees associated with a transaction, but does not include the stamping fee.

6.     What policy documentation do I need to submit?
The Surplus Line Association of Washington requires the following documents:

·       Declarations Sheet
·       Any supplemental Declarations Sheets
·       Service of Suit
·       Forms List

The Surplus Line Association of Washington requests that you do not send the entire policy, but only the required documents listed above.

7.     Will system users from other brokerages be able to view or access my data?
No, the data your brokerage submits through SLIP is secure and is only accessible to your brokerage’s SLIP users.

8.     Am I required to use the certification generated from SLIP?
Yes, the system generated certification is produced specifically for you by SLIP and contains a barcode that is essential to the processing of incoming filings at the Surplus Line Association of Washington office.

9.   Is there a way to bulk upload a list of Retail Producers into SLIP?
This can be accomplished by populating the following Excel spreadsheet with your Retail Producers and emailing it to the Surplus Line Association of Washington where it will be uploaded into the database. The Excel template can be found here.